Health & Safety Professional
Western Elite is a leading solid waste disposal and recycling company located in Southern Nevada. Western Elite has two Material Recovery Facilities located in Las Vegas and permitted Class III and Class I landfills’ located in Lincoln County, and is presently looking for a high energy self-starting Health & Safety Professional with the following Qualifications:
• 4-year Technical College Degree / CSP is not necessary
• 3 years’ minimum work experience in H & S industry
• Sound communication skills, computer skills, writing skills, and problem solving skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Active in local safety community, industry, and organizations
• Excellent References
Prospective applicants should be familiar with all applicable federal and local regulations relating to the General and Construction Industry activities. Previous experience in a waste industry environment would be beneficial. The successful applicant should be prepared to proactively assess, report, and mitigate worker related issues as required and will also be responsible for maintaining company and worker document databases. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Western Elite provides excellent Medical and Dental benefits, 401K matching.
Interested candidates should contact Mr. Derek Muaina at 702-440-4242.
Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
US Bureau of Reclamation job opportunity. This one in Lakewood, CO.
Clark County is looking for an Assistant Safety Officer (entry-level)
Assistant Director/Senior Manager, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), Biotechnology
The company develops novel therapeutics, fully human monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) to treat solid tumors. The pipeline includes several therapeutic antibodies for multiple cancer indications (ie. prostate, kidney, lung, colon, breast, etc.) in different stages of preclinical and clinical development.
The company operates as a division of an international pharmaceutical company and maintains a R&D and Manufacturing facilities employing about 300 employees.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering & Facilities, manages the development, planning and implementation of environmental, industrial, health and safety programs within the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Facilitates compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety principles, guidelines, and legal requirements; delivers, coordinates, and tracks lab safety training activities; creates and maintains company safety practices and manuals
• Coordinates safety inspections and direct the EH&S program
• Develops, implements, and oversees comprehensive chemical and biohazard lab safety programs and promotes safe conduct in the laboratories by managing a variety of complex administrative and technical health and safety components that comprise the lab safety programs
• Determines risk factors and implements employee health and safety protection programs, environmental impact control procedures and enhance the emergency response management program
• Implements a robust Industrial Hygiene program: anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of workplace hazards
• Influences budgets for appropriate EH&S resources and controls
• Monitors and controls the environmental impact of chemicals handled with respect to employee safety and protection of the environment and surrounding community
• Coordinates and further develops site waste handling, recycling, radiation safety and biosafety programs
• Develops and implements effective training programs as required for the nature of hazards within the company
• Directly impacts the health and safety of employees and ensures a work environment that minimizes workplace hazards that causes injuries
• BA/BS or equivalent with 5 -7 years relevant experience. Prefer biotechnology industry experience
• Technical skills in occupational health (industrial hygiene and toxicology), safety, and environmental protection
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations
• Experience in an R&D environment, and an understanding of radiation safety program requirements
• Professional certification in industrial hygiene or safety desirable
• Superior written and verbal skills; and presentation skills
• Good judgment and the ability to provide the practical application of EH&S industry practices in a business environment
• Demonstrated capability of proficient written & oral communications skills
• Prefer experience in providing EH&S oversight of potent compounds (APIs) associated with the design of safety programs for the prevention of overexposure
Compensation & Benefits:
The overall compensation will include a very competitive base salary, annual bonus and long term incentive compensation. Comprehensive health care and other employee benefits will also be provided to include a 401(K) plan. Relocation assistance will also be available as required.
For additional information, contact:
Romeo Consulting LLC, Executive Search Consultants; email@example.com; 856-665-3466